6 Essential Android Apps for Health Professionals
Every tool you need in your healthcare career can be at your fingertips if you have an Android Smartphone. Google’s Android platform works with an ever-increasing number of smartphones, including the T-Mobile G1. If your phone has Android, be sure to check out these applications that will make your life and work a lot easier.
- Flip2Silent: When you need some quiet time, or just don’t want your punk-rock ring tone blaring in the middle of a consultation, then face your phone down and Flip2Silent will mute all sounds. Flip your phone right-side-up again to return your phone sounds to their previous configuration. Getting quiet time has never been easier.
- Astrid: Astrid is an open-source To-Do list that is simple enough to use right away, and powerful enough to really help you organize your life and get things done. It has tags, reminders, and RememberTheMilk sync among other tools.
- Searchify: Searchify works on Android 1.6 or higher and functions as a calculator, translator, unit converter, calendar, dictionary, and it can access Wikipedia. So, if your patient has a question in Spanish, you can Wiki the answer and repeat it in that language.
- 5 Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC): Get real-time access to over 700 medical conditions, including pictures of skin conditions and a database of prescription drugs.
- Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile: This handy tool covers the most frequent medical conditions, their diagnosis and management. The application gives you access to over 600 topics in internal medicine, and it has been recently updated to have the latest information.
- Handbook of Nursing Diagnosis: Another tool for making a diagnosis, this application has been updated with the 2007/2008 NANDA changes, and has a new section on health promotion and wellness. It also has a population-specific focus for pediatric, adult, geriatric and pregnant patients.
Comments are closed.